We offer free and confidential support to all people affected by gambling harm.
There are many pathways of support to suit your needs. Please note that during the COVID-19 quarantine, all services will be delivered virtually via Facebook, phone, and streaming online video until further notice.
- One to one gambling counselling support is provided over the phone, email, chat and face to face.
- Face to face gambling counselling support is also offered for couples, families and whānau.
- Support and education groups.
- Self-exclusion from gambling venues is available.
- Information and support to block online gambling.
- We can connect people to pastoral support services with Salvation Army officers.
- The Salvation Army can connect you with essential services and support such as budgeting, food parcels, other addiction programmes, recovery church and community ministry activities.
- We can also help connect you to other health and social services depending on your needs e.g. GP, Mental health services, legal support, housing, Work and Income etc
- Educational workshops for health and social service professionals, community groups, gambling industry groups and other organisations around important topics, such as gambling screening and gambling awareness.
We have offices located in Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wairarapa, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin, where we offer face-to-face services. Find your nearest Oasis.
However, if you do not live close to these locations, we can still support and help you via telephone or via online streaming video. Please note that during the COVID-19 lockdown, all services will be delivered via telephone and online streaming video.
Oasis can help:
- If gambling is affecting your relationships, work or study.
- If you’re in debt as a result of gambling.
- If your gambling is making you feel depressed, anxious or worried.
- If you want to know more about the harm that gambling causes.
- If you’re spending a lot of time gambling.
- If you’d like help with quitting or reducing your gambling.
- If you are worried about someone you know who is gambling.
Support and advice from Oasis is proven to be effective in minimising the harm of gambling for individuals concerned about their gambling, along with other people in their lives.